Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another wacky barcode idea

You know why I love working with barcodes? Cuz with predictable regularity someone comes up with a "better mousetrap". Or so they think. Here's someone eager to prove that current barcode technology isn't good enough.

a.) I didn't know I needed to hang that much data on my wall
b.) If I was going to use an auto ID technology I'd use something like PDF417 which allows multiple symbols to be chained together.
c.) I'd also consider using a technique that stood a hope of a prayer of a chance of a possibility of being read by someone else, today and 10 years from now.

I've been publishing barcode software for 18 years now and the stream of new-and-improved technology is neverending, to my continued amusement.

Keep it comin' folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment